Giant Microbes: Toxic Mold (Stachybotrys Chartarum)

$16.95

or 4 fortnightly payments of $4.24 with Afterpay More info

Is toxic mold lurking in your basement?

  • A good sympathy item for those battling this microbial menace
  • Learn how to indentify and prevent toxic mold from growing in your house

Only 2 left in stock

SKU: 874665005317 Categories: , Tags: , , , , , , Interest

Description

Giant microbes are based on actual microbes, cells, organisms and other critters, only 1,000,000 times actual size!?Plush from all new materials. Stuffed with polyester fiber fill. Surface washable: sponge with water & soap, air dry.

FACTS: Stachybotrys (or straw mold) is a black, toxic fungus that first achieved recognition in the 1930?s when horses on Russian farms became sick after eating contaminated hay. More recently, Stachy has been implicated as a cause of ?sick building syndrome.?

While the mold itself is not pathogenic, it does produce toxins that can cause a variety of health problems, ranging from rashes, to fevers, to burning sensations in the eyes, nose, mouth, and throat, to life-threatening reactions for those with respiratory conditions.

Stachy does not grow on plastic, vinyl, concrete, or ceramic tiles ? so the mold in your shower grout is probably something else! (There are thousands of species of molds, and many are black.) But Stachy does flourish on cellulose-containing materials, such as wallpaper, fiberboard, dust, lint (and, of course, straw). Stachy also requires unusually high moisture levels to grow. While extreme humidity and condensation can produce the requisite wetness, typically flooding or plumbing leaks are responsible.

The best way to keep black, toxic mold from establishing itself near you is to keep indoor humidity below 60% and to address any moisture problems immediately. But if you do discover black mold lurking in some dank location, bleach can sometimes be used to remove it, particularly from flat surfaces (though remember not to mix bleach with ammonia, as the fumes themselves are toxic.)

And if the mold has penetrated walls or floors? Maybe it?s time to remodel

Customer reviews

5 stars 0 0 %
4 stars 0 0 %
3 stars 0 0 %
2 stars 0 0 %
1 star 0 0 %

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Giant Microbes: Toxic Mold (Stachybotrys Chartarum)”

Use one of the allowed file type: jpg,png. The max size allowed is : 3 MB.

    Customer Q&A

    There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.

    Send me a notification for each new answer.