How to join
- To receive BrainHackr Brain Points you must become a BrainHackr member by signing up for an online BrainHackr account (“membership”).
- A member name, valid email and mailing address must be provided to join and register for an account. Members will receive regular email communications from the BrainHackr team. If you wish to unsubscribe from email communications about Brain Points you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional email, or disable email communications within your BrainHackr account.
- You must ensure that you keep your email address operational or notify us if you change it at any time. If you do not, you may not receive the notices from us under these terms and conditions.
How to earn points
- Brain Points are based on any discounted amount and will be based on the sale price of an item (regular price if sale price is unavailable).
- To earn Brain Points for online purchases, you will need to be signed in to your BrainHackr account while shopping online
- BrainHackr members will earn one point for every $1.00 spent on eligible purchases.
- Eligible purchases are defined as any service or merchandise available for purchase, excluding gift cards, clearance items, BrainPoint products, and some specified categories (e.g. LEGO and ThinkGeek).
- Up to 5 Brain Points can be earned for leaving a product review when that product has been purchased by the user from BrainHackr, only one review will be accepted per product per user.
- From time to time BrainHackr may offer Brain Points for using a specified payment gateway.
- Brain Points will be added to the member’s account when their order is marked as complete (shipped and billed).
- Applicable postage/shipping charges are excluded from point earnings.
- Brain Points cannot be redeemed against the same purchase upon which they are earned.
- Brain Points will not be awarded on prior purchases made before a BrainHackr membership was created.
- Brain Points cannot be purchased, transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Brain Points are determined on a product before tax. The amount of Brain Points that can be earned are based on the cart subtotal and will be displayed in the cart page.
- From time to time Brain Points may be earned by engaging in BrainHackr’s social program, e.g. by sharing posts on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, or by Liking posts on Facebook.
- Brain Points can only be earned the first time a product / post is Liked or shared. Unliking / Unsharing will result in Brain Points being removed.
How to redeem points
- Once you have a suitable Brain Point balance you will be able to purchase ‘point only’ products from our exclusive Brain Points shopping page.
- When purchasing items using Brain Points no other payment method may be used and only Brain Point products can be added to the cart.
- Points may not be redeemed during the same transaction in which they are earned.
- Points may not be redeemed against the purchase of gift cards (plastic or electronic).
- Points cannot be redeemed for cash and change will not be given on purchases totaling less than the rewards value.
- Brain Points will be redeemed when an order is pending payment or is processing.
- When more Brain Points are redeemed in a transaction than required by the total price any remaining Brain Points will be returned to the users account.
- Brain Points can not be used toward shipping costs.
- Selected products or categories may be excluded from Brain Point redemption.
- Other discounts may not be applied when using Brain Points.
If you need to return a product
- On products returned for refund, any points earned for the original purchase will be deducted from the member’s account balance.
- If no points are currently available, the value of any redeemed points on that purchase will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If a product you buy with points is faulty, please return it for refund or replacement. If necessary, we will re-credit your account balance.
Expiration and cancellation
- All Brain Points expire 365 days after the day in which they were earned.
- To cancel your membership, contact email@example.com. Please note: you will be asked security questions related to your account to process your request.
- Failure to meet or observe any of the above terms and conditions, or intentional misuse of this program, may result in membership termination with immediate effect at the sole discretion of BrainHackr.
- Misuse of the program includes, but is not limited to, excessive and unnecessary returns or refunding and excessive variations to purchasing or ship to locations. BrainHackr reserves the right to cancel or remove points which have been issued to a members account by mistake or due to a system or human error. BrainHackr will not tolerate knowing misuse of the system when/if an error in the number of points occurs, and such misuse can lead to termination of the members account and a ban from future use. Members who refuse requests to return illegitimate product purchases may face legal action.
- In the event of membership termination on the basis of misuse, no compensation will be offered for points earned.
- BrainHackr reserves the right to cancel or substantially modify this program anytime, and on such occasion will notify members in advance via email. Any points earned before the implementation of such cancellation or changes, shall not be affected.
- In the event of program cancellation members will be informed two (2) months in advance, providing reasonable time for reward redemption.